Hiding the C Drive

goose1984 12:32 02 Jun 2006

Hi

I want to hide the C drive, so no matter what application a user uses they can not see the C drive, HOWEVER I still need them to access it because I still want them to run programs.

Any suggestions on how to do this or programs which will do this?

Thanks

Devil Fish 12:49 02 Jun 2006

why do you want to hide the c drive ?

Gongoozler 12:49 02 Jun 2006

Does this help click here

goose1984 12:54 02 Jun 2006

Thanks Gongoozler but that only hides the drive in My Computer if I am correct in saying.

Therefore a user could simply type C:\ and access it.

Really an ideal solution would be to make the Windows and Program folders invisable but yet still allowing the users to access them to run programs.

mattyc_92 12:58 02 Jun 2006

Are you trying to set it up like schools and colleges do?
i.e you have the computer drive (from the computer they are on) hidden from the user, but can access all the programs on the computer and the server?

goose1984 13:02 02 Jun 2006

yea thats exactly how I want to set it up

Ade_1 13:40 02 Jun 2006

I dont know if this will help much but i thinkk it can be done with this although like i say, im not sure how well it will work. I came across it on my comptuer and i saw you have the ability to prevent access and things like that. Take a look see if its helpful or not, apologies if it isnt. Its called Fresh UI and here is the download page - click here

jcotton 16:58 02 Jun 2006

No sorry Ade_1 not what I am looking for any other ideas anyone?

Belatucadrus 17:05 02 Jun 2006

click here This any good ?

thms 17:08 02 Jun 2006

Or is this what you want click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?