Hide PowerPoint design to avoid modifications

Chris the Ancient 13:01 15 Aug 2010

I think I may have asked before, but I can't find it - and maybe some new ideas may have cropped up.

I'm using Win XP Pro and PowerPoint XP (2002).

Currently, I am producing a 'proprietary' presentation and I want to stop the end-user from fiddling with the design or making any unofficial modifications - especially as all facts in the presentation are highly researched and exact.

Is there any way of 'packaging' the final presentation and associated insert files so that the end-user can't get into design mode if they have PowerPoint installed on their computer?

I have tried the 'pack and go' facility - but it is still possible to get into the design mode from the resultant presentation.

jaraba 13:14 15 Aug 2010

Dont know much about powerpoint but can you password protect it ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:15 15 Aug 2010

Mark as Final click here but not fool proof.

Have a read
click here

Options - security - password to modify

Taff™ 13:15 15 Aug 2010

Go to File Save and then at the top right of the dialog box select tools>Security Options before saving. I`m sure you can work out the rest but password to modify would be the obvious.

Taff™ 13:17 15 Aug 2010

MTF!

Chris the Ancient 13:43 15 Aug 2010

Sorry for the delay. Lunch intervened!

Fruit Bat /\0/\

Thanks for a great start on the matter.

Unfortunately, the first link is for a PP 2007 presentation.

The second link takes me 95% of the way there - which is good - and something I had not noticed before in all these years of making presentations! The odd 5% is that, on opening the file, there is a dialog box to get through :-(( I may go that way and accept that slight constraint - unless there is a way of making it open as 'read only' automatically, without the dialog box.

If all else fails, I'll accept that.

Taff™

Your idea is a different, and slightly shorter, method as FB's which, I must admit, I hadn't noticed before!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires