hibernation/ display settings !!!

guyster 15:46 06 Jun 2007

Bsically i,m using a windowsxp laptop, and download bit torrents overnight /during the day .The pc appears to be going into a state of hibernation if used for any length of time, thus stopping any downloading .I have had this issue previously but it stopped for awhile . A few nights ago i also watched the pc through the tv and feel this may have changed some of the pc settings . I have been through the display option on the control panel and adjusted to what I THINK are the corrrect settings, but the pc has done this again this afternoon.

Could anyone out there help please to explain exactly what settingsare required to stop thisannoying thing !

Many thanks
Steve Guy

Stuartli 15:48 06 Jun 2007

Could be a screensaver kicking in.

Jackcoms 15:54 06 Jun 2007

"The pc appears to be going into a state of hibernation"

Disable screen saver, hibernation and/or stand-by

guyster 16:19 06 Jun 2007

thanks for the replies guys .. i never used a screensaver b4 today so its not that i dont think .. i,ve disabled the one on there now .. as for hibernation /stand- by are these the ones in the display settings under power ? f so both are now disabled - i,m set up under "battery - max " asthe laptop is almost always powered by plug in - and hasbeen before shutting down - any ideas ?

thanks
Steve

i,m certain it has somthing to do with setting up to watch on tv has i, had,nt had the problem for awhile and it only re -occuredafter using this
again

Also in settings under display i have 2 monitor options.. but when i hit the identify button the laptop is alwaysshown as 1 .. dawm thing !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?