Hibernate

bruno 11:53 13 Jul 2007

Hibernate

Before I reinstalled XP last week,on shutting down,I had four choices to make.Stand By,Hibernate,Turn Off,Restart.Now I have only three.Hibernate has gone.I know I can Hibernate by hovering my mouse on Standby and pressing Shift,but I was curious where and why it has gone.Anybody know?Mine was the only PC I have seen four choices on, among several I have looked at.It is XP Home on a Fuji Scaleo P.

HCOOH 12:04 13 Jul 2007

The dll file MSGINA.dll has probably reverted to the default XP version. Some laptops had a newer version of this dll and together with a registry entry displayed the 4 buttons. I lifted this file off my laptop and with some trouble got the 4 buttons on my PC, however if you ever do a sfc/scannow it will probably revert as mine did. Frankly it's more trouble than it's worth as all you have to do is press shift.

bruno 12:20 13 Jul 2007

I agree,it does sound like a lot of bother for a smal result.I just like to know these things.Thanks for the reply.

HCOOH 12:30 13 Jul 2007

YVW

HCOOH 12:36 13 Jul 2007

This is the registry entry if you want it \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\Shutdown
Create a DWORD value named ShowHibernationButton and set its data to 1.

bruno 20:01 13 Jul 2007

Thank you for that.I will give it a go.

bruno 20:10 13 Jul 2007

Tried that but after I got to Windows I could not find system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?