Hi all need help retrieving emails

LewGeo 21:32 01 Oct 2009

Hi Everyone can anyone help please
I had to re-install windows xp over the top of my existing operating system to try and repair a corrupted file or something(not quite sure)
I have reinstalled my office program and managed to retrieve all my word docs, when I do a search all my old programs and files are there but I am trying to get back my emails.
Can anyone help with how I go about this and can it be done or not.
Many thanks LewGeo.

Technotiger 21:46 01 Oct 2009

DO a search to include hidden files/folders, for *.pst

LewGeo 22:10 01 Oct 2009

Hi
I have done a search including the *.pst and if only found the emails that are already in my outlook program and these are all prior to a new instalation

LewGeo 22:11 01 Oct 2009

Sorry after a new instalation .

Technotiger 22:17 01 Oct 2009

I assume you did include 'hidden files/folder' ...

LewGeo 22:18 01 Oct 2009

Yes included that in the search.

Terry Brown 22:28 01 Oct 2009

Tht is one of the advantages of using a web based mail, like Google mail.
The mail is saved on their servers, and when you log in (even on a newly formatted system) , your mail is download.
Terry

Technotiger 22:34 01 Oct 2009

In that case, I am afraid it looks as if you are out of luck - unless anyone else has any ideas.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

LewGeo 22:51 01 Oct 2009

many thanks for your time and help m8, it is much appreciated.

LewGeo 22:11 02 Oct 2009

Hi m8
I was using the same program microsoft oulook
and used a program called Stellar Pheonix and all emails were retrived but to access them I have to purchase the program at around $80.00 and unfortunatly at the moment I havent got that sort of money

Technotiger 10:26 03 Oct 2009

This is very much an 'outside-chance' but, this little program, which is a direct download - save it to your desktop - is exceptionally good at retrieving deleted photos/images even after the same having been deleted and then OS re-installed over the top!

click here

You could give it a try (it won't do any harm to anything else) and change the 'image' to .pst

Create a New Folder on your Desktop and change the Destination Path via the Browse button to that new folder. Choose the Drive letter as appropriate, first.

Once set-up as above, click on Start and keep your fingers crossed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?