HG520b access blocked

guesswho2 09:02 05 Feb 2011

Recently I started using a master password in Firefox so that occasionally a box would appear asking for this before connecting to a website.
Last night I wanted to look at the router details and when I went 198.162.1.1 and the usual dialog appeared, I immediately typed in the FF password by mistake instead of admin.
I cancelled that but now the usual admin password is still not accepted. Does anyone know how to get back to correct things?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:59 05 Feb 2011

Try resetting the router. It should tell you how in the manual

if not we need to know Make and model.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:06 05 Feb 2011

echolife hg520b reset

insert a pointed object into the reset hole for 15 secs the router will reboot with the factory defaults just be aware you'll need to re-insert your BB username and password after the reset

guesswho2 10:35 05 Feb 2011

Thanks Fruitbat.
Should I do a reset with the router and computer connected to the internet?
And after the reset will I still have normal use of the computer?
I'm frightened about losing my internet connection.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:56 05 Feb 2011

No need to disconnect anything.

Before you start
Make sure you have the USERname and Password for your ISP or a setup disk for your ISP.

click here shows how its setup for TALK TALK its exactly the same for any other ISP except for the USername and password.

Press the reset button for 15secs then connect to the router using 198.162.1.1 and follow the setup as in the link. (print it out)

guesswho2 20:47 05 Feb 2011

Hi.
It wasn't that simple! Having pressed the reset button I couldn't connect to the internet - it took over an hour on the phone to TT to get back to square one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?