Hewlett Packard Touchsmart 600-1140

chestnutcake 21:45 29 Aug 2010

Hi
After my stupid action a couple of months back - vacuum hose on keyboard [!] I did eventually get the above computer to replace the 9 year old one.
It is a smasher and I am delighted. It comes with special cables and a remote control because it is possible to have a connection between my computer and a TV signal. I would not want to always watch TV on the computer but occasionally because apparently, you can watch live TV and record the programmes on to DVDs. I would find this useful, occasionally, but would not want to dispense with my normal TV. Is there anyone on the Forum who has this particular HP model and have they used the TV capability on it???? I am wondering if by doing the connection, it would mean a lesser quality of picture on my main TV and also perhaps cause problems with my computer?
If others have done this successfully then I will go ahead and get an expert to connect it all up but I need to know first that it would be a sensible thing to do - given that I would not want to watch much TV on it.

northumbria61 23:39 29 Aug 2010

"If others have done this successfully then I will go ahead and get an expert to connect it all up but I need to know first"

I haven't, but if you are going to get an expert to connect it all up for you why don't you get the advice first from the expert ?

chestnutcake 20:57 30 Aug 2010

Thanks northumbria for your reply. The expert I mention is someone who is experienced in tv, set top boxes and aerial connections. I hesitate because I am not sure of his credentials in connection with computers. Furthermore, there is a sort of veiled warning in the Touchsmart Manual that if problems occur with getting TV on the computer, then this will not necessarily constitute a fault under Warranty!! I was hoping that someone may have the same computer as I have and that they successfully carried out the TV connection, or whether it messed things up.
Without any assurance I am inclined to leave well alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?