Heuristic.Dialer

bluto1 22:44 20 Jan 2007

I`ve just completed a scan with A Squared and it detected a Heuristic Dialer in Documents and Settings. This has been quarantined, and no excessive phone calls have been made on my line, however I`m puzzled as to what exactly is a Heuristic Dialer? Any help appreciated.

Fingees 23:00 20 Jan 2007

go to

click here

i like a squared a lot, but it found a lot of false positives of my system (hope thats the correct term)
its always worth checking on their website before you quantine things it found 7 problems on my pc, but they were all to do with game downloaders and the hp update checker, once you've found out what they are i think you can select to ignore them, but its been a while since i used the program.
hope that helps
adam

was it 'ps 32 kill' it found?

bluto1 23:27 20 Jan 2007

No it was.....lui.tmp\Dialer_watcher.CAB/Dialer_Watcher.exe

Hope that tells you something.

Fingees an adman 2, thanks for the info. I`ll tick as resolved.

Bapou 23:37 20 Jan 2007

Since upgrading to A- Squared 2.1 some time ago each scan finds a Heuristic Dialer as Malware on my computer. First time round following the path it just happened to be my BT Broadband SpeedTouch Modem.

Queried this with A2 at the time without reply, so have left it well alone.

im sure you can click it and it will pull up details from its database, cant remember how to do it, but you can because thats how i found out which my problems were
click here

i think this is it
click here

click on knowledgebase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone