HELP...S.O.S. My wireless is not working.

kinjo 12:19 05 Mar 2008

Hi everyone.
My problem is as followed.
I got an old samsung p28 that had a virus so because i haven't used it for many years i thought i would give it to my girlfriend.
After using the recovery disks i found out that it no longer connects to the homes wireless connection like before.
I don't know what is wrong with it.
It connects but there are no packets coming in only out. There is no subnet mask or default gateway.
After i ran a repair sequence the wireless card seems to be working fine and installed but still no packets coming in.
I've already had many people look at it with no luck. All the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties are set on automatic.
If anyone can help me i would be very grateful.
HELP she is doing my nut in.

If you need more information to solve this puzzle i will be very glad to supply it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 05 Mar 2008

Have you inserted your security key?

What op system?
what router?
what ISP?

rossgolf 18:06 05 Mar 2008

any other computers/laptops connected via wifi to the router?

Ashrich 21:24 05 Mar 2008

It may need a reset of the TCP/IP stack , and/or Winsock , try these commands ...start/run , type cmd in the run box , this will open a command prompt , type in the box ....netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt ...press enter , then type in ..netsh winsock reset catalog ...press enter again , then type in " exit " ( without quotes ) and restart the PC and try accessing the internet again . See if that helps .

Ashley

kinjo 14:24 06 Mar 2008

Fruit Bat /\0/\
Yes
Windows XP
Wireless G 54 Kit-model:DWL-922
Virgin Broadband

rossgolf
Yes, 1 P.C and 2 laptops connect to this network.

Ashrich
Managed to reset TCP/IP but not the Winsock.

The good news are i'm receiving packets, got IP Address and Subnet Mask. But still no Default Gateway.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks for the replies.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:34 06 Mar 2008

RUN winsock fix fromclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?