help,samsung software can't see my mobile

habs2habs 19:03 02 Jan 2011

Hi everyone

first of all happy new year to all of you.

please i need your help.

I have samsung I8510,working perfectly well.
I installed software called kies latest version: 1.5.3.10103_102
Kies software doesn't recognise my samsung mobile(i can't download apps,update maps,upgrade firmware,i can't do anything at all).

I went to samsung website,put the I8510 in search section,press search,it gave me another software called:samsung pc studio 3

again this software doesn't recognise my mobile.

When i tried to upgrade the firmware,it asked me to connect the mobile to my pc,(eventhough it was connected)through usb cable provided by samsung

I spent so far 3 hours trying to fix this bloody problems nothing worked.

i really have had enough.

Can you please help me solving this problem and how to make these software recognise my mobile phone,to be able to download apps and upgrade the firmware,etc...

The specification of my pc:

windows7 home premium
4GB memory
windows update(up to date)
Sapphire vapor X 5770 1GB graphic card

i hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards
habs2habs

compumac 19:40 02 Jan 2011

Just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S that is also supposed to use Kies. Kies does not recognise the Galaxy and I have to use it as a mass storage as opposed to Kies, you can then transfer files back and forth but as you say you are unable to update the phone. From other forums relating to Samsung it would seem that the consensus of opinion is that Kies is U/S. I would also appreciate any comment on this point.

compumac 20:11 02 Jan 2011

NOW - I have just tried Kies again tonight after seeing your posting and left the Galaxy trying to connect whilst I had a shower, lo I came back and it was seeing the Galaxy!!!
I do not know how that came about as I have tried about five times previously.....

habs2habs 10:11 03 Jan 2011

hi everyone

Again thank you all for your quick reply.

I tried again to connect my mobile to my pc,after waiting about 2 hours,trying to connect(it does work)!!!!!

how,what had happened? i have no idea.

I tried to upgrade the firmware,so far i have been waiting for 2 hours,still waiting,doesn't find any upgrade firmware to my mobile

Maybe there is no upgrade to the firmware.

I will keep waiting for another 2 hours,if nothing found,i will cancel the upgrade.

I tried to download some apps by using the kies software,a message comeup saying:

your device is not compatible with these apps,because my mobile uses (symbian operating system)

But the kies software uses (android Operating system)

please how can i download apps from symbian OS,which compatible to my mobile?

I hope to hear from you very soon

My kindest regards
habs2habs

compumac 12:13 03 Jan 2011

habs2habs
One wonders as to your experience along with mine is that does it take that amount of time for the Kies software to do anything? With you two hours and myself some 20 minutes or so.

Woolwell 16:09 03 Jan 2011

I have a Galaxy S which connects to Kies fairly quickly (5 mins max but normally within a minute). Having said that I find that Kies is one of the worst PC sync tools I have used.

I find updating Kies is impossible from within Kies and have to download Kies again and do a fresh install.

Kies doesn't sync my contacts well with Outlook and erased the Outlook ones once (fortunately I had a back up) and Calendar sync with Outlook doesn't work properly either. I now sync the calendar with by syncing Outlook with Google calendar and Google calendar with the phone. This works very well.

I normally use the Market app on the phone to download apps directly to the phone. I did download one app to the PC and then copied it across to the phone without using Kies finding the phone as an external device on my computer.

The Samsung site will tell you if there is a firmware upgrade available.

I have used Kies successfully to update the firmware of the Galaxy S.

compumac 16:51 03 Jan 2011

Woolwell
I have just synced my MS Outlook for contacts and Calendar and cannot find any evidence that the calendar did sync onto the Galaxy. As you (Woolwell) may have realised I did go for the Galaxy in the end.

compumac 16:54 03 Jan 2011

Woolwell
Read your post properly and understand that you synced your Galaxy/Outlook calendar via Google calendar. - How?

Woolwell 18:22 03 Jan 2011

You will need a Google account. Then download Google Calendar Sync click here. This automatically syncs Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar then you can either browse to view the calendar or set up the Galaxy to sync with your Google account. It works well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?