Helps With Interactive Maps

The Paul 20:38 21 Jun 2004

Hi - all - number 1 pest again. I'm trying to get an interactive map on a web page. The aim is that when a mouse rolls over a section of a map, either a rollover image appears which can then link to another page or the section highlights itself and then links to another page.

I have spent forever in Fireworks and the like trying this myself but no joy.

An example of what I mean is on the link below. I've tried to see can I find a free version to download but that hasnt produced anything either.

Cheers - Paul - click here

PurplePenny 20:49 21 Jun 2004

That one uses JavaScript .... not a great help am I?

Methinks that there was a similar thread last year but I may be worng (maybe the map got mentioned but not how to do it...). It was on a member's Greek Holiday site (hits head in frustration at being unable to remember the forum member's name).

Still not being a great help am I? :-(

Penny

The Paul 22:23 21 Jun 2004

I recall a few threads for this site - I dont recall a map one though. I'll re-do my search here again.

Any help is good help - thanks Penny.

The Paul 17:21 23 Jun 2004

from you wizards. I'm loosing what little hair I have left!!!!!

Gaz 25 03:08 25 Jun 2004

In my image editor it gives the option of making a interactive map! Maybe look at some other Image editing packages.

Gaz 25 03:09 25 Jun 2004

PS. I do a lot of webdesign myself - but tend to source other Image editors to that of fireworks.

Ben Avery 13:07 25 Jun 2004

But as a bit of advice, that link you gave me doesn't work in FireFox so the coding they use isn't exactly the most user friendly out there.

Just a though for your target audience!

BA

The Paul 23:03 25 Jun 2004

Gaz 25 - what other editors do you normally use. I have Photoshop 7 which I usually use for normal image work.

Cheers - Paul

The Paul 23:06 25 Jun 2004

Sorry BA, didnt mean to ignore your post. I only really check in IE and Netscape. I've never really come across Firefox. I'll look at this as you suggest.

wiz33 07:48 26 Jun 2004

Have a look at click here go to resorts to see my map and also at click here and go to getting around/tours.

Is that the kind you looking for?

Bothe maps have been created in swish, a cutdown version of Flash.

If you need them you can have the files and thank penny for her good memory.... I will post them to you directly anyway, as I am off for a weeks holiday.

regards
wiz
wiz

The Paul 22:54 26 Jun 2004

This is along the lines of what I am looking for. I dont know Swish so I'll hunt around.

Please let me have files so that I can see how you got there. This has been driving me nutty.

Good for you. Paul

Penny - love yeh!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone