HELP,HELP MONITOR SENDING ME UP THE WALL

LANDCRUISER 16:30 28 Mar 2007

I have a mitsubishi diamond pro 920 monitor & it keeps switching of & its made my pc unuseable as i cant do anything,i posted awhile ago & thought i found the reason but its still happens,i have just about manage this post,help befor i throw it out the window,i have used anti virus & spyware program & all is clear.

skidzy 17:37 28 Mar 2007

Check the graphics card is securely in its place.

Possible overheating,or even ram failure.

Just some options to check out for now.

Obviously check the monitor cable.

jack 17:44 28 Mar 2007

Tell more please
The monitor is a CRT or LCD- which.
When you say monitor 'switches off' is that what you mean- if the screen blanks and the power light goes off,or does the power light stay on?
If CRT- are you smelling burning?
If either type can you open the power plug to check connections or is it moulded on?
Can you aquire another monitor to check that it is indeed the monitor or a fault on the PC.
Make a list of things to check and work through them on the monitor
Then do the same for the PC- make sure the monitor plug is correctly connect to the PC input.
If the grphics are on a card AGP/ PCI/ PCI+
make sure they are fully plugged home on to the MoBo
If a Card and is of a type that has separate power connector - make sure that is fully home.
Then come back- and we'll sort it.

wee eddie 17:45 28 Mar 2007

I assume that there is a little light somewhere, perhaps part of the On/Off Switch, does this stay on or go off?

If it goes off, then there is a problem with the Power Supply.

If it stays on. Then the problem is probably something to do with the Graphics, but usually a Monitor displays a "No Signal" message if this happens.

wee eddie 17:46 28 Mar 2007

I spent too long reading the specs. It's a CRT.

LANDCRUISER 19:47 28 Mar 2007

ITS DIFFICULT TO ANSWER ALL YOUR REPLYS AS THE MONITOR IS PLAYING UP QUIET BADLEY AT THE MOMENT SORRY FOR CAPS AS I DID NOT SEE IT,ONLY HAVE A FEW MINS BEFORE ITS SWITCHES OFF,I MANAGE TO QUICKLY READYOUR REPLYS,MONITOR LIGHT ON MONITOR GOES OUT

Stuartli 19:53 28 Mar 2007

How old is the monitor?

Most recent models have a three year swap out warranty.

Stuartli 19:55 28 Mar 2007

Can you borrow another monitor to see if the problem still occurs?

This would indicate that the monitor may not be at fault.

LANDCRUISER 20:00 28 Mar 2007

its 4yrs old & i do not have a spare monitor its seems to have stop switching of for a moment so i can read your replys & check things

woodchip 20:01 28 Mar 2007

Looks like it may be windows turning it off

woodchip 20:02 28 Mar 2007

Or Graphics card problem. Don't think it will be the Monitor unles it's a LCD then it could be Inverter problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?