helpctr.exe

podlod 13:54 17 May 2008

Hi, in one of my previous postings I could not get `help and support to start, I have tried most things but no luck. I have looked in my Registry Editor under HKEY-LOCAL_MACHINE etc; with the paths I have taken and I find that `helpctr.exe is there and working by default, the prob is that when I click on help and support is reads `windows cannot open help and support because a system service is not running, fix this prob start the service name help and support` well I have looked under services in MSCONFIG and there are quite a few items that are stopped under microsoft corporation, now if it is there somewhere, what would it say for help and support, and if you know, how do I get it started again, because it does not say where, or how,to start any items there? thanks for any help.

rdave13 14:10 17 May 2008

Haven't seen your previous post but this might help; click here

Earthsea 14:10 17 May 2008

click here any help?

Ditch999 14:14 17 May 2008

Help and Support depends on the following service, Remote Procedure Call (RPC), to be running as well. Check it is.

Sea Urchin 15:41 17 May 2008

Another thread with the same problem - I would recommend trying VOG™'s solution for reinstalling

click here

podlod 07:31 24 May 2008

Hi, I have tried that also sea urchain but that still for some reason does not work?, where do I go from here?????

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:11 24 May 2008

click here

ON the left, click on windows configuration services for your version of windows i.e. vista sp1or XP sp3.

Check that you have your services configured correctly.

podlod 10:30 24 May 2008

Hi Fruit bat, I have been on your recommended site, but it does not mention Windows XP home 2000 SP2, am I in the wrong place?

Ditch999 12:05 24 May 2008

Reinstall it from an XP cd click here You say you have Windows XP Home 2000 SP2? Did you do an upgrade from Windows 2000?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:31 24 May 2008

click here

default settings for home or pro with sp3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?