help with xp

sayl100 21:16 09 May 2007

Hello,
Hope someone can help me with this problem.
It all started when I deleted the partition on my second hard drive for Linux.
after the reeboot the machine would not load anymore windows xp at booting time during bios loading
the machine would stop to the grub loader click here
finally after various attempts with the recovery console wich would not load because the admin password was not recognized
I could delete the grub loader from dos using an ms/dos utility, now finally windows starts loading but after the initial booting screen, where you see xp loading the machine starts with the installation of windows xp, this due to the fact that I tried to repare
windows using the original xp pro cd, but the installation freeze when there are only 34 minutes left.
click here
my machine specs as follow:
amd 3800+ x2
ram 1G
primary HD 160g on 2 partition
2 slave HD of 9 G
no floppy.
any help would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Zeppelyn 21:56 09 May 2007

Are you sure it is freezing, it does take quite a while to get past that point as its installing devices, suggest you try again as have known it stop there for anything up to 10 mins or so. Alternatively start the repair process again.

sayl100 09:03 10 May 2007

Thank you for your response, is freezing because I left it for more than an hour and it stayed always at 34 minutes left :(
I have tried few times to restart the repair process but is always stacked there.

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?