Help with a word document

RedYelBlu 20:12 05 Nov 2005

Hi, can someone help me with a document I have made in Word for myself and family to use. The page has words down the LH side, and at the bottom a box. Information has to be added to the RH side of the page and in the box.
I need the LH words and the box to be locked in place so that another person entering information cannot delete these, change the position of the words change the position or size of the box.
We need to save the document once the information has been entered but always to be able to find the origonal document (template).
Thank you for any assistance.

TonyV 20:32 05 Nov 2005

This came up in the Help system for Word 2000. (Go in to Help, and search for Protect and then look at the Protect Forms item.)

"Prevent users from changing a form containing form fields
After creating a form that users will view and complete in Word, you must protect it so that users can enter information only in the designated areas.

On the Tools menu, click Protect Document.
Show Me

Click Forms.

To assign a password to the form so that users who know the password can remove the protection and change the form, type a password in the Password box. Users who don't know the password can still enter information in the form fields.

To protect the entire form, click OK.
To protect only parts of a form, those parts must be in separate sections. Click Sections, and then clear the check boxes of the sections you don't want to protect.

Tip When you are designing or changing a form, you can quickly protect the form or remove protection from it by clicking Protect Form on the Forms toolbar."

Hope this helps you.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone