Help with98se files to install

CHAIRLEG 21:46 11 Jan 2006

I loaded 98SE onto a new HD with all the nohow coming from you people.On start up it kept asking for files that was missing mostly for the onboard sound and when I tried to load a sound card that wouldn't load either so formatted and reloaded 98se but these files are still missing and cannot be found on the cd.I have downloaded eight files up to now and put them on floppy's.
When windows opens it asks for the file I put the floppy in and it loads and then asks for the next one and so on.Then the next time I boot up there all being asked for again, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong please.

User-312386 22:01 11 Jan 2006

you will need the motherboard drivers, sound card drivers and graphics card drivers (if you have a graphic card)

Stuartli 22:07 11 Jan 2006

Is onboard sound Enabled in the Bios?

Rebooting would then normally Find the Hardware and you would be able to install the drivers (nominate your floppies as the source for them i.e. A drive).

CHAIRLEG 22:09 11 Jan 2006

There are no exclamation marks in device manager only for sound or do I still need motherboard driver and how do I load it it's on a floppy but don't know if it's the right one I got it from driver guide the only one there is.

CHAIRLEG 22:15 11 Jan 2006

Stuartli the onboard sound is enabled but the drivers are not loading.The same thing happens when I disable onboard sond and try to load a soud card with it's own driver it goes along fine but then starts asking for missing drivers.

Taff™ 00:04 12 Jan 2006

click here and run Belarc Advisor which will give you pretty good details of your computer hardware. Post back with the system model of the computer and the multimedia details.

CHAIRLEG 16:24 12 Jan 2006

Taff the comp is not on the net the motherboard is AL 440LX 266 MHz the graphic card is Creative labs CT6890,the Comp is VIGLEN.I have expanded everything in device manager and everyhing apart from sound is working properly.I seem to have got all the files on floppy apart from one opl3sax.sys but try as I do I cannot find this file anywhere, in the meantime I have just got another sound card and will try that.

Stuartli 16:40 12 Jan 2006

There are several links for opl3sax.sys at:

click here=

CHAIRLEG 16:47 12 Jan 2006

Cheers Stuartli I was trying on driver guide and on there redirect to google the result was negative so I never thought of going to google direct I live and learn. Thanks.

PC Bilbo 17:18 12 Jan 2006

I have original install CD for this Creative card which was Riva TNT2 series for Windows 98.

I just repaired and upgraded a mate's old Viglen machine eith similar Intel 440 chipset

If you don't have joy I can copy and send if need it.

CHAIRLEG 17:42 12 Jan 2006

I would very much appreciate your offer do I need to use the box and e mail you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?