How to Enable WEP Encryption
The following example describes how to edit an existing profile and apply WEP encryption.
To enable WEP encryption:
1. From the General page, click the Networks tab.
2. Select the profile from the Profile List and click the Edit button.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Select any Network Authentication mode (Open is recommended).
5. Select WEP for Data Encryption.
6. Select 64-bit or 128-bit for the Encryption Level.
7. Select a key index number 1, 2, 3, or 4.
8. Select either of the following:
* Use pass phrase: Click Use Pass Phrase to enable. Enter a text phrase, up to five (using 64-bit) or 13 (using 128-bit) alphanumeric characters ((0-9, a-z or A-Z), in the pass phrase field.
* Use hex Key: Click Use hex Key to enable. Enter up to ten (using 64-bit) alphanumeric characters, 0-9, A-F, or twenty-six (using 128-bit) alphanumeric characters, 0-9, A-F in the hex key field
9. Click OK to save the profiles settings.
NOTE: You must use the same encryption type, index number, and WEP key as other devices on your wireless network.