Help! Wireless option lost on laptop!

willber 17:53 17 Jul 2007

Hi, i have had my Toshiba satalite pro L20 for a few years now, and up until a couple of months ago, there has been no way of connecting to a wireless network atall....my laptop came equiped with wireless capability and it use to connect to my wireless network fine. The 'connect to' option on the start menu has dissapeared. There is no longer a 'search for wireless devices' icon on the taskbar....and when i press the wireless button on the laptop to turn wireless 'on' nothing happens!...any suggestions? please help. cheers

postie24 18:14 17 Jul 2007

Click start,run
type in, services.msc
Scoll down to wireless zero and restart the service.

willber 18:20 17 Jul 2007

i had a go at that, no change atall, any other ideas?

postie24 18:46 17 Jul 2007

Have a look in device manager and see if theres any yellow exclamation marks against the network adaptor

Ashrich 18:48 17 Jul 2007

Does your wireless card show up in Device manager at all ?

Ashley

Ashrich 18:50 17 Jul 2007

Great minds ......( fools etc. ) !!

Ashley

postie24 18:52 17 Jul 2007

Definately :))

Postie24

willber 21:31 17 Jul 2007

no it dosent show up in the device manager!?

Ashrich 22:15 17 Jul 2007

If it's not showing in Device manager it is either shot and needs replacing or it has popped loose from it's mounting , access to it is from one of the removable panels underneath .

Ashley

Ashrich 22:28 17 Jul 2007

click here it's for an L25 , but should be near as dammit . Find and check wireless card is installed correctly , if it is then it is probably knackered and needs replacing , try and get the same one as already in there . Remove aerial leads carefully , the connectors are small and a little fiddly .( Click on the 2nd or 3rd picture down for a larger image )

Ashley

laurie53 09:19 18 Jul 2007

Hesitate to state the obvious, but have you checked the on/off switch?

My wife has a Tosh, and the wireless switch is tucked away around the side and can easily get moved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?