Help with wireless connection please

peter421 18:39 20 Dec 2005

I have upgraded to wanadoo wireless and talk,the set up went fine,however my new lap top wont pick up a signal,to my pc,it will find it but it wont connect.

I have done a web search on the home site of the lap top and there seems to be a problem with the model I have bought.

Rather than go to all the lenghts of changing the lap top,is there a cheap wireless connection I can just attatch to the lap top so it can pick up my pc,its a christmas present for my son and I want it up and running asap.

kind regards to all.peter

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 20 Dec 2005

Plug in a USB wireless dongle like click here approx £20.

What make of laptop and what is the problem maybe we can find a cure.

ade.h 19:02 20 Dec 2005

It should find the network and connect just fine (I know "should" is different to "will" in the world of computing!)

You say that it finds the connection, so what does it say in the list of wireless neworks; is it described as secured or open access?

peter421 19:48 20 Dec 2005

click here

When it finds my pc wich is very seldom it keeps saying enter network key,when I do it says click connect and it says Enter network key again. I found this post and downloaded it but it still wont work.

warbler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:56 Post subject: EasyNote B3605 / B3s - weak wireless signal - PB driver fix Reply with quote
IF ONLY.
If only the representative on the hardware helpline had known.
If only there was entry like this on this board etc
If only I had found my way through PB -> Support -> My PC Support -> FAQs and Tips to the heading
"Weak wireles signal on EasyNote B3 Series"
and the driver fix at .
click here

then I would have been spared a lot of aggravation, and wasted time, and wasted money and effort on a Netgear usb adaptor. Rolling Eyes
With the updated driver the signal is as it should be - 4 / 5 out of 5.

ade.h 20:05 20 Dec 2005

Do you have one PC connected via ethernet cable, next to the router?

Can you enter the router's control panel by entering the relevant IP address into a browser on a PC that does have a successful connection, preferably wired?

You need to either disable WPA or WEP (whichever security protocol you have enabled) or at least find and change the password/key.

Apologies if your model of router does not have an IP-accessed control panel. I could not fid any details on your link.

peter421 20:09 20 Dec 2005
  ade.h 20:14 20 Dec 2005

We don't need to know about the Wanadoo service; but we need to know whether your router has a built-in control panel that is accessed through a browser, as most do, and how your network is set up. Many people say that it's a good idea to connect at least one PC via cable while setting up a router as it makes it more reliable and rules out wireless issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?