help with with windows xp pro media centre install

blueboy2uk 13:35 01 Apr 2007

hello there i got the package on friday so last night i tried to install, all was fine untill i was asked to put the 2nd cd in at that time it said 34 mins to go,so in i pops cd2 it seemed to have trouble finding it so after swapping it between the 2 drives it decided to carry on with the install and then it said 17 mins to go i did think at that time that it was going to be fine but when install was finished seemed to be fine but i noticed no internet exploror was installed and found out after some other things, should i try to do a repair to the install i have? or should i send the discs back to the supplier?by the way its the 3 disk version with sp2 on the third disc,i have a windows 98 se disc can i install that first and upgrade it with the new operating system as i tried to upgrade my existing version of windows xp first before doing the clean install any ideas hope i have given you enough details.

thanks

blueboy2uk 23:03 14 Apr 2007

p

blueboy2uk 23:06 14 Apr 2007

sorted

ArrGee 09:54 15 Apr 2007

Good to hear that you managed to sort the problem out.

Just as a note, anytime I install XP MCE on a machine (clean install), I use DBAN to format the disc first. I have never had a problem when using this prior to installation.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?