Help with windows messenger and Kerio firewall

Demora 00:58 18 May 2008

Hi.

I don't often use windows Live messenger so didn't notice this problem for a while.

I narrowed it down to my firewall (Kerio4) preventing me from connecting to live messenger. If I turn off the firewall I can connect fine. Turning it on whilst connected drops my connection to windows live messenger.

O/s is win xp and I'm on a wireless connection via a netgear wireless Next modem/router.

Any advice please.

TIA
D

Technotiger 07:03 18 May 2008

Have you added WLM to your Site Exceptions under the Web tab?

Demora 10:03 18 May 2008

Hmmm not sure what I'm looking for and where there Technotiger (Networks and stuff I tend to leave well alone unless its not working properly)

The error message I get is '80072745' I checked with the MS website for this error and I cannot connect the pc directly to the Modem as thats upstairs and this pc is downstairs and quite a way from any phoneline.

I uninstalled 'WLM' cleaned the registry and did a reinstall with NO luck.

I can't pinpoint when this stopped working as I don't use it very often and its always worked in the past.

TIA

D

Technotiger 10:42 18 May 2008

If you know the URL for WLM you could add it to Site Exceptions in Kerio configuration under the Web tab.

Or, if it had been working ok previously, perhaps a System Restore back to when it was working.

Demora 11:59 18 May 2008

I'm going to mark this as resolved as I have changed firewalls. To Comodo and all is fixed.

I did notice that since doing this that the Icons in the system tray have returned also. Which I didn't mention before.

There must have been something missing with Kerio.

Thanks for your help Technotiger.

D

Technotiger 12:04 18 May 2008

OK - thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?