Help with windows explorer

misters 12:56 12 Jan 2008

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

I keep getting this pop up on my pc, i run windows vista home.

Can anyone give suggestions on how i can resolve this please.

Thanx in advance.

birdface 13:00 12 Jan 2008

Googled.click here= It will give you something to look at until someone can help.

misters 14:05 12 Jan 2008

Thanx for the link i have alreay tried that the roblem im having is a lot of the suggestion all relate to win/xp but i cant reall find help for windows vista which i'm really new to.

birdface 15:45 12 Jan 2008

Ive had a look elsewhere.But cannot find anything.I don't suppose that you can do an sfc /scannow on Vista.You may need the Vista disc to run it.

misters 20:22 13 Jan 2008

Thanx buteman but i dont have the vista disk it came pre installed.
Any other sugestions would be appreciated.

brundle 20:53 13 Jan 2008

More information required otherwise it's `needle in haystack`.
How long have you had the problem, did it start after you installed some new software, what anti-virus/spyware/firewall do you use...

misters 12:55 14 Jan 2008

Hi sorry for the delay on getting bk to yous all, i use avg/adware and spybot amd fo my firewall i use zonealarm, i just think the problem started when about two weeks after i got the pc, i dont really remember installing anything new except limewire a p2p file sharing program but i have uninstalled that since then and the problem is still there.
I dont really think it was limewire cause i think the problem occured a couple of days after i had been using limewire.
I'm sorry i cant give any more info but i really cant think of anything else i have done to cause this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone