Help with wifi printer

Snagglepuss2k 15:49 30 Jan 2010

I bought a epson sx515w to use on my laptop running windows 7, I have installed the software on my laptop but can't get it to print via wifi, I have emailed epson this is what they said to do I have done that but still doesn't print, any help would be good.

On the printer itself select the Menu button > Setup >Network Settings > Wireless LAN Setup > YES for Network Settings Changed > Enable > Manual Wireless LAN Setup. Ok to Proceed > Yes to Memory card > Infrastructure mode > Search SSID & Select Network. Security Key Type > Enter Security Key and Confirm Network Settings. Once done set it to wireless and it should find the printer.
Next, on the PC go to Start > Control Panel > Printers, right click on your printer, go to Properties and click into the Ports tab. Click on Add New Port, select Standard TCP/IP then click Add New Port the next screen should ask for the IP address, type in the IP Address of the printer here then continue, it should search for the printer at this stage. If it finds it then continue through this window until it finishes, go to the Main tab in Properties and click Print Test Page.

The Kestrel 17:49 30 Jan 2010

Do you have the correct printer driver for your Windows 7 OS? If not click here;jsessionid=ABFA988053B14E346E7331B70690235B.acc3 for the most up to date drivers. This may solve your problem.

Snagglepuss2k 12:05 01 Feb 2010

yes i have got the correct drivers i had already downloaded them from the epson sits, my printer prints fine via usb but when try via wifi i get an error saying printer is not ready to print, ceck all connections and make sure all devices are on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017