Help what pc do you reccomend

leeknight67 12:32 08 Oct 2006

I am about to get a new desktop pc.
I am willing to pay upto £550 I want it to be able to play games with out it being sluggish. I also need it to have a graphics card theat can manage 1.1 pixel shading. I would also like to watch movies etc.

Also does it matter if i get a athlon or pentium??

thankyou

Lee

martd77 12:48 08 Oct 2006

Im thinking of purchasing from here the systems look tasty
click here

Totally-braindead 12:54 08 Oct 2006

Have a look at some of the Novatech systems click here do make sure you pick one with either an AGP or a PCI Express slot as with a lot of them they do come with onboard graphics which may not suit you. And remember as well the price is without the monitor so you have to budget for that.
Also consider some of the Dell computers, same warning make sure you can upgrade the graphics. Aria also do some value systems click here however I have never bought one so its a bit of an unknown. Its also worth looking at PC World, some of there items are very expensive such as a USB printer cable but the PCs are good value.

Jak_1 13:26 08 Oct 2006

Agrere with all above, for gaming it is the graphics card that will be your main concern plus RAM. It may well be that you can do a deal to have the graphics card of your choice fitted at time of purchase thus keeeping the warantee intact.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?