Help wanted to install OE

User-178362 00:09 22 Sep 2005

I was on Incredimail, I used it but I think my default was OE. If you do not know what I am on about join the club. A friend helped me with my email he put me on Incredimail but I said I wanted to have OE, but wanted to be able to use Incredimail notifiers etc. I have now deleted Incredimail, but found I could still use OE as there were some old emails there with pictures that I had sent. but now I just cannot email or receive any that might be waiting to come my way. I need sorting out, if possible, please.

User-178362 00:24 22 Sep 2005

When I try to make a new email account it asks me if I would like it to make a new one for me or do I already have a @msn.com email address. I thought I had one that said, my name plus ntlworld.com is that what it means by @MSN.comemail address? I also have a message saying Currently no one is set up to use MSN Explorer on this PC

VoG II 13:56 22 Sep 2005

click here;a%20href=broadband_cat_email.php>Email</a>&curURL=verify_settings_oe_xp.html

VoG II 13:56 22 Sep 2005

Drat click here

User-178362 15:57 22 Sep 2005

Do I need to create email address? When I close it there is a message saying Currently no one is set up to use MSN Explorer also Click Add new User to creat a user account. Should I act as if I have never used an email before on this PC? If so do I have a new name or can I use the one I have and will I get any email that might have been sent to me?

VoG II 17:28 22 Sep 2005

I'm getting confused.

I thought that you were trying to set up Outlook Express, not MSN.

Your e-mail address would have been given to you by NTL - you might even have used this with Incredimail.

User-178362 17:39 22 Sep 2005

I am wanting to set up OE. When I clicked on Start, Email, that is when it asked me the above. I down loaded a new version of MSN last night when I found it on my PC. I will just click on your Click here and see what happens.

User-178362 17:42 22 Sep 2005

I just clicked on Start Email just like your link told me to and I got MSN, so where do I go from there? (Drat Click here)

User-178362 17:47 22 Sep 2005

Sorry I have just clicked on Start Programs then I saw OE2. My emails are there seems like I have 61 messages, but what does the 2 mean next to OE does it mean I have down loaded it twice?

VoG II 17:51 22 Sep 2005

Make sure the E-mail icon on the Start menu also says 'Outlook Express'.

Otherwise have a look through the Start menu, All Programs for Outlook Express.

If you can't find it, Start, Run, type in

C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

and click OK.

User-178362 18:20 22 Sep 2005

Thank you for staying with me. Sorry for being a pain. I was clicking on Start then looking at Email (it did say MSN) but I hadn't noticed it, It also has Outlook Express, but didn't say email so I had overlooked it. I found OE under All Programes. thank you again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?