help wanted in getting out of safe mode

si_2008 20:04 14 Jul 2007

hi got in from work switched on pc and all i had was after start up was a blank screen , mrs said she shut it down properly after young daughter had been on it, so started it up in safe mode and tried to restore a different restore point but to no luck, still stuck in safe mode , tried all what i can think of,also now have a application error appering up on screen every min as follows.
swdsvc.exe-application error
the exception unknown sofeware exception unknown software exception(0x0eedfade)occured on the application at location 0x7c812a5b

i have tried to find this sofeware but cant do anybody thinks this is why i cant get out of safe mode ...have tried to reboot etc but no success ,,ripping my hair out thinking what can i do to sort this problem out

SANTOS7 20:09 14 Jul 2007

swdsvc.exe is related to SPYWARE DOCTOR which has known issues uninstall this and i think it will solve your problem.

click here
if you have any probs with any of the files try the prog in the link..

si_2008 20:27 14 Jul 2007

hi santos,,,how do i unstall this ...forgive me not the brightess person on pc

SANTOS7 20:36 14 Jul 2007

Not a problem si-2008

start up in safe mode as administrator go to add/remove progs and delete it from there, if it is still running you may need to shut it down.

si_2008 20:48 14 Jul 2007

thanks santos7
now up and running perfect,, strange how a program i,ve had on the pc for months caused this problem today ,,,,thank you again for your help ,do know who to turn to if i have any more problems with pc ..was thinking that i had to fork out £,s to a computer shop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?