Help wanted with cordless mouse?

JUSZO 21:02 28 Jan 2003

I was advised on an earlier discussion to uninstall the drivers for my current mouse, before I attempt to install the new driver for my Packard Bell Cordless mouse( radio technology).
Might sound a daft question, but if I do that...how to I move cursor around the screen to set up new driver installation...or If it dosen't work, I'm knackered...aren't I ???????
Also, never had a separate driver disc for my mouse, it was pre-installed with system. If I wanted to make a backup disc with the driver safely stored on....can someone give me "beginner" step by step on what I need to do....Thanks for any help out there.

Djohn 21:13 28 Jan 2003

Use a corded standard mouse, windows will install a standard driver for this then install your cordless mouse.

Altair 21:18 28 Jan 2003

I should think you new mouse is USB and your old one a PS2, if this is the case I installed my wireless mouse and then deleted the old one. the driver for your old mouse is in Windows and if anything goes wrong with your new mouse all you have to do is refit it to the port and Windows will pick it up and install the driver.
Don't forget to load the software for your new mouse before you restart Windows with your new one connected.

Djohn 21:21 28 Jan 2003

PS. forgot to say that, When you are advised to remove existing drivers, it means any third party mouse drivers not the windows one.

do as Altair says, and it will be fine.

Pilch.... 21:22 28 Jan 2003

i had a mate give me one as he couldnt get it working.

I plugged it in, then booted up

once done then pick mouse charger up and underneath button that you push. The look on LED's and a green one will flash. The pick the mouse up and push button on the underside keeping mouse near to base. From there the LED's should flash faster meaning it has picked the mouse up.

Pilch.... 21:23 28 Jan 2003

i didnt use the disk or anything, just used XP and it picked it up easy.

JUSZO 22:05 28 Jan 2003

will try it...cheers

Djohn 22:10 28 Jan 2003

click here Just bringing them together! J. ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?