Help ........Virus Worm/Yaha.k

E2003 23:22 01 Jan 2003
  E2003 23:22 01 Jan 2003

Wonder if anyone can help AVG detected this virus on my system(windows xp) i moved affected files to vault now i cant access anything on my pc only the internet....... i get a message in a dialouge box saying Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

VoG™ 23:28 01 Jan 2003

click here there's a lonk to a removal tool near the bottom.

VoG™ 23:29 01 Jan 2003

or a link even. lol

E2003 23:33 01 Jan 2003

but still the same message appears

VoG™ 23:46 01 Jan 2003

Have you tried everything that I gave you in the link. If so and you still have problems then I think that a reformat is the only possibility.

Wait for further advice, however ...

AMD 4 ever 00:00 02 Jan 2003

Can you try a system restore?! to atleast get it working again!

Cosmic Guerilla 00:29 02 Jan 2003

Hi E2003

What a bummer to get infected by such a new virus.

Could you please advise me/other users whether you actually managed to download the cleaner from the McAfee site and run it? Did it run but fail to clean it or could you not download / run it.

Remember, as an XP user you must disable System Restore (as advised on one of the pages linked to the McAfee link).

Were you able to disable the System Restore option? If not, do any other forum users have any suggestions?

We use McAfee in work and I use Symantec at home and I guess they both have their advantages. That said, I have always found the Symantec cleaners to be excellent so I have enclosed a link below to where you can try and download a cleaner from the Symantec site.

[email protected]" title="http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here

If you cannot download it to your pc it might be worth waiting until you can get access to a friend's pc or maybe a work pc to download the solution. As I’ve said, Symantec cleaners have bailed me out many times. You should print off the instruction pages from McAfee and/or Symantec to ensure that you follow the cleaning steps exactly.

Good luck and keep the forum users informed how you get on as there may be other people who have been infected by this and who might be able to advise on successful cleaning solutions.

Cosmic Guerilla 00:32 02 Jan 2003
  Cosmic Guerilla 00:37 02 Jan 2003

Doh!

Don’t know why I can’t post that link successfully.

Go to the Symantec.com site and then click on the Expanded Threat List option

On the expanded list you will find a link regarding W32.Yaha.K

Regards

Cosmic Guerilla

webber_man 00:44 02 Jan 2003

The link to the tool given by VOG should work.

Try restoring the files you have moved back to their original folder then running the tool.

the file called Nav32_loader.exe needs to be in its original folder - i tried deleting this myself and explorer wouldn't work. But after i restored it things were fine - apart from still having the virus obviously! But then by running the tool the whole system was cleaned up.

See my thread for any other info you may find useful.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?