Help on using nero 5

misters 21:56 30 Dec 2003

Hi just wondering if anyone can guide me on using nero i'm trying to burn downloads i got from the internet i get the message burn completed successfully but when i check the disk there is nothing on it. I hope this is clear.
Thanx in advance.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:16 30 Dec 2003

You could try saving to your hdd first then burning it.

Regards.

grabster 22:19 30 Dec 2003

sounds like its copy protected,maybe use clone cd ??? what are you trying to backup...audio...data....vcd...?

misters 19:41 31 Dec 2003

I'm trying tp put things that i downloaded from the internet, updates, my anti virus setup, firewall setup etc. Onto a disc for later use in case anything ever goes wrong, i take it downloading this would already be on my hdd also i'm not sure what catagory it is audio, data etc.

canard 17:00 01 Jan 2004

Did you remember to choose make a data disc to burn your files?

Stuartli 17:22 01 Jan 2004

The best bet, rather than trying to solve something which is virtually endless, is to download the Nero5 manual from the ahead website.

It's in pdf form, only a few hundred KBs and downloads in a very short time even on dialup.

If you then save it in your Nero folder, you can call on it whenever necessary.

If you also download the later versions of 5 and 5.5 you will also get Nero Express, which will make matters more simple until you get the hang of it.

misters 18:58 03 Jan 2004

I'll give it a try, but not sure if manual will help with this question must downloads be data files?

TommyRed 20:23 03 Jan 2004

I save to CD-R every download of say Spybot, Adaware, Belarc Advisor in case a friend or relative needs them, it saves time downloading. I use a multisession disc which up to now I've used 20 odd times and I haven't closed the session yet. These are all data files saved using Nero Express in version 5.5 & 6.0. HTH TR

woodchip 20:26 03 Jan 2004

I had that years ago the discs was no good for my yamaha CDRW

woodchip 20:28 03 Jan 2004

If you are trying to download strait to CD it's not a good idea, even if you formatted the CD

misters 19:50 04 Jan 2004

i'm not trying to download straight to cd just trying to put my downloads on to cd-r not sure about the multisessiong thing though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires