HELP :( Trying to set up wireless speedtouch 576

gvp444 16:01 05 Oct 2006

Hi, When it comes to computers I would say i am an intermediate user and can usually suss things out, BUT..............

I was getting fed up with my normal usb adsl modem cutting out so thought stuff this i'll go wireless. I bought a usb wireless adapter and i bought a New Speedtouch 576 wireless router/modem from ebay.

I thought great plug the adapter in and load software, no problems with that, Then it came to the 576, This was obviosly supplied for AOL but I am not on AOL, there fore i find the instalation cd pointless. I connected the modem router to my line and to the Ethernet (dont understand how its wireless when it has to connect to the PC) and it supposedly set up. I could find 3 wireless networks that weren't mine and tried to set up my own so the modem would work but couldn't even do that, so basically i haven't got a clue, dismantled it all and put the usb modem back on.

If anyone can help me set this up so i can put the modem router over the otherside of the room and have a wireless internet connection it would be much appreciated.

PS i am not goint to be connecting other pcs etc just want a wireless internet connection for this one pc.

Thanks

Technotiger 16:46 05 Oct 2006

Hi, I don't think this can be done as you describe, I am pretty sure that the modem router must be wire/connected to at least one pc.

But to be sure, I would advise you to put this Post into the Networking section of this Forum.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires