Help With Trojan

Sandy110 11:12 14 Mar 2006

I,ve somehow picked up Trojan.PWS.Tanspy.
Spyware Doctor detected it and supposedly removed it but after scanning again it is still there. I've tried to remove it a number of times now but to no avail. I can find out what it does but not how to remove it.
Any ideas?

skidzy 11:27 14 Mar 2006

Hi Sandy,try this ...its very good. click here

rawprawn 11:30 14 Mar 2006

If that doesn't work, take this online scan.
click here

961 11:34 14 Mar 2006

Sometimes these reside in system restore files, and sometimes in files that are in use and therefore cannot be deleted

Instructions at sophos.com/support/disinfection

skidzy 11:34 14 Mar 2006

Sandy...what OS are you using.If xp,maybe using Defender from microsoft would be a good bet with ewido.

Also use these regularly.

Spybot search and Destroy
Adaware
ccleaner
Defender
Spywareblaster
All found here click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:04 14 Mar 2006

If its gone after deletion by Spyware doctor but comes bak after a rebbot then its in your system restore files.

Switch off system restore scan and delete with Spyware doctor. switch restore back on

Sandy110 22:18 14 Mar 2006

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried them all but still can't rid of the damn thing.
I've contacted PC Tools but haven't had an answer yet. If I get a fix I'll post it in case somebody else has the same problem.

ChrisRLG 15:50 15 Mar 2006

You need to post at a speciallist malware removal forum.

Try click here

Is a link at the top for new users to follow.

They have a University at that site to teach new anti-malware fighters the ropes.

Disclaimer - that is my own site so I am biased, you can also use any of the sites on the ASAP list who would be just as good. An ASAP list is available from the same forum from a link at the top of the page.

Sandy110 19:29 20 Mar 2006

I finally got to the bottom of this one. The little tinker was hiding in the Webroot Windows Washer program. Didn't get any support from PC Tools at all though. I had to sort it myself.

Presario06 12:40 27 Mar 2006

I also have this trojan on my computer and also have windows washer installed. Seems to be the exact same problem, can you please tell me how you ended up getting rid of it?

Sandy110 18:56 27 Mar 2006

I had to remove the latest version of Windows Washer then scan the computer with Spyware Doctor and delete the trojan. I then tried reinstalling Windows Washer but ended up with the same problem so I went through the same process again but this time I installed an older version of Windows Washer and have had no trouble since.

Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017