Help With Templates In Dreamweaver 8

Maltease14 04:17 26 Apr 2006

Hey everyone, I'm new to dreamweaver 8 (i have never used any dreamweaver before this one) and also new to the forums. I need some help with editable regions in templates.

I am currently making a website using a template from dreamweaver 8. However, i want to be able to insert new pages without having to re-do all my formatting (the template pages are for eg green and i want them red, i want to be able to save my formatting as a template so i wouldnt have to redo all my work each time.

i thought that i'd make a template, which i did, however i dont understand the whole editable pages thing. I want to make the Entire page editable, as the template is going to be a basic layout of my page.

is it possible for me to make the entire page editable? and if so is this a good idea? are there any other (better) ways of doing what i am trying to do?

SUM UP: I want to make the entire template page editable

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

P.S one more thing, does anyone know any great tutorials for dreamweaver 8 (preferrably free)

AndySD 22:45 26 Apr 2006

Tutorials - go to your local library there are plenty of books Dreamweaver MX will be fine, I would recomend you ask for click here the QuickStart books.

Its not sensable to make the whole page editable as there are times you may want to change areas, eg a new logo at the top or a change in the menu if its editable you may well have to change every page and not the template.

click here

Maltease14 08:40 27 Apr 2006

ok, thanks a lot. i've sort of fixed this up now. Thanks for the tutorial advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?