Help! task bar in wrong place

Alf58 00:06 19 Nov 2006

My daughter was playing an internet based game on her laptop and when she finished the task bar had moved to the right side of the screen with the start button on the top right corner. How can I get the tasbar back on the bottom of the screen the way its supposed to be?

Stuartli 00:08 19 Nov 2006

Click on it and drag and drop it back into position.

woodchip 00:10 19 Nov 2006

As above click on blank space on the Task Bar then drag to bottom. to size it put the mouse over the edge of task bar till it changes to double arrow then click and drag to size

Alf58 00:10 19 Nov 2006

It seems resistant to that. All that happens is I can make it wide so it takes up a third of the screen or so narrow it almost disappears on the right of the screen. It just wont move back to the bottom of the screen.

Scouter 00:16 19 Nov 2006

As Stuartli says click on and hold down mouse left button move mouse to bottom of screen release mouse button. I've had a few calls at work on this - found that at times when you click and hold the left mouse button down the bar does not appear to drag but on release of the button it jumps down to the bottom of the screen.

phono 00:34 19 Nov 2006

When you right click on the taskbar ensure that there is no tick before trying to drag it down, when you do get it dragged down select the option to lock the taskbar to prevent it happening again.

phono 00:36 19 Nov 2006

Alf58

That should have read as:

When you right click on the taskbar ensure that there is no tick beside "Lock the Taskbar" before trying to drag it down, when you do get it dragged down select the option to lock the taskbar to prevent it happening again.

VoG II 08:27 19 Nov 2006

If that fails click here - Restore to XP Default.

birdface 10:11 19 Nov 2006

First,Right click taskbar, Untick lock the Taskbar,Then Left Click Taskbar in the middle ,Keep your finger pressed on mouse button and put the little arrow to the bottom of the screen, Unclick the mouse and taskbar should follow,When you get it back ther .Right click the mouse, and click lock taskbar, And that should do it,

birdface 10:20 19 Nov 2006

I should have made it a bit clearer,When I said Click in the middle, I meant in the blue line anywhere,

Alf58 13:46 19 Nov 2006

Thanks for all your replies. I have moved it. it's a question on clicking at the right place. Very simple but I guess you need the knack.
This is now resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?