Help- sysstem restore to yesterday

collinsc 12:04 27 Aug 2007

so ive converted all my music files with i tune and its totally taken up all the HD

How can i restore my laptop to yesterday morning before i installed the software?

i thought it was hit f8 and then get the option- but its not...

tullie 12:15 27 Aug 2007

Its in accessories/system tools on mine.
Surely though,these files are still there,and you wont free any space,please correct me if im wrong.

collinsc 12:19 27 Aug 2007

well if i restore my laptop to the point it was yesterday then whatever happened to make the HD full (the conversion) will be undone... so therefore go back to what it was...

collinsc 12:30 27 Aug 2007

ok- it didnt work- i think because i havent set a restore date...

tullie 12:32 27 Aug 2007

Sorry,bu i dont understand where all the files go to,because if you undo the restore,hey presto!theyre back

MichelleC 12:33 27 Aug 2007

System Restore won't unconvert your files, it will only revert the operating system.

collinsc 12:36 27 Aug 2007

seriously? f it...!

so what can i do then? restore it to factory settings? i dont have a disk... its an acer and they dont provide disks- i think its suposed to be built in somewhere...?

mfletch 12:40 27 Aug 2007

Hi were are the files? just delete them!!

mfletch

collinsc 12:43 27 Aug 2007

see above- i HAVE deleted the files AND uninstalled the programme yet still the HD is v nearly full (its given back some capacity)

holme 12:45 27 Aug 2007

System restore does not affect DATA files, e.g. documents, images, videos, audio. So system restore will not restore disc space taken up by your i tunes folder.

Suggest you first COPY your i tunes folder to another medium such as another drive or CD etc.

Then when you're sure that's worked OK, selectively DELETE the files in your i tunes folder to regain disc space. See click here

If that doesn't help, keep an eye on the related thread click here HTH.

collinsc 12:58 27 Aug 2007

deleted the i tunes folder already.... not worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?