Help and Support links in BT Broadband not working

douglas1973 01:08 02 Sep 2008

I have been trying to sort out problems with a friend's computer running BT Broadband but without success. On looking for solutions I noticed that all hyperlinks such "Help and Support", "Contact Us" "View all Help pages", etc. were not working. On selecting such links a window opens stating that Internet Explorer cannot display the web page etc." I first thought it was a problem related to my friend's computer but when I came home I have been having exactly the same problem. This therefore would seem to be a BT internet problem, rather than a problem with our computers but there seems to be no means of advising BT of the problem. Can anyone help?

rawprawn 07:42 02 Sep 2008

BT Broadband Helpline 0800 800 030

Technotiger 07:44 02 Sep 2008

BT are doing essential maintenance work at the moment, so many features are not available until completion. Normal Broadband is however still working ok.

I found this out by signing in to my BT BB on-line account.

Cymro. 10:49 02 Sep 2008

I last tried BT help+support about a year ago and it was not working then. It is no great loss as the system was never very good anyway.

douglas1973 14:12 02 Sep 2008

Thanks rawprawn and Technotiger. The BT Broadband websites are now fully operational. I phoned 0800 800 030 and obtained excellent support. The person that dealt with the matter was very articulate and efficient and solved the problem that was occuring by accessing my friend's computer remotely. Last week another friend's computer has problems with Norton Internet Security provided by BT Broadband and I had a similar pleasant experience with BT Broadband Support - excellent service, again accessing the computer remotely. Two year's back BT Broadband Support was exceptionally bad but I can't fault their service now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone