Help Sunnystaines

Muergo 19:48 18 Sep 2010

I regret I only just got around to putting in the graphics card you so kindly gave me a while ago.
Having fitted it I found the monitor wasn't working, so I now think I need a driver for it, do you have the CD or can I download it from Drivermax or similar.

It has a lot of numbers on it and I am not sure which one is the model type.

I have forgotten your phone number but I remember where you live if I need to visit you.

Thanks a lot .

sunnystaines 20:43 18 Sep 2010

it was one of the nvidia series 7600gs

download from here
click here

just enter

geforce

7 series

7600gs

[you operating system]

english uk

then hit the search button.

if your unable to access a pc to download let me know i will download and put on a cd for you ...david

sunnystaines 20:45 18 Sep 2010

delete prev graphics driver, then fit card and install new driver

Terry Brown 21:52 18 Sep 2010

To get a clean graphics driver install, try the following:

Start up in Safe mode, select VGA (if you have it).

This starts the computer with NO Graphic drivers at all- Very low resolution screen

load your drivers and restart.
Terry

Muergo 00:27 19 Sep 2010

I forgot to say it is marked GIGABYTE CorGV-N76G25GD-RH and 7G3735. Is that N-Vidia?

I am currently still operating XP but have bought W7 but not loaded it yet, need some time to devote to that.

I have also put in physically a new sound card but not installed it yet.
My existing setup is an integrated sound within the motherboard.
When I run the CD will it override the old or do I have to disable it somehow.

sunnystaines 08:13 19 Sep 2010

it is a gigabyte card which uses nvidia hardware, use the link i gave you above with the answers i provided.

make sure you goto
control panel - system - hardware tab - device manager - click the plus sign by display adapters and highlight and delete the entry.

that will clear your old driver

Muergo 11:17 19 Sep 2010

Thank you for the comprehensive instructions, well off I go open it up again and crossed fingers.

sunnystaines 11:48 19 Sep 2010

if you get stuck and no one replies i have emailed you my tel.

Muergo 16:52 19 Sep 2010

I am not sure about this, if I delete the old driver how can I see screen to put the new one in, when I changed the cards without putting on the driver all I had was a blank black screen monitor, no prompt no nothing.

Can't I put the new driver in, swap the cards and then delete the old driver?

sunnystaines 19:15 19 Sep 2010

what graphics is the pc using prior to this card?

windows default basic vga driver should kick in to enable you to see the screen.

i have always deleted the driver, turned off pc swapped over cards, started pc windows basic vga driver comes in while i install the new driver.

not sure why you have a dead screen, are the leads to the monitor fully in the connector to the card and the rear of the monitor and the monitor on.

Muergo 20:01 19 Sep 2010

The card in now is a 16MB ATI 128 Rage (Display adapter) is what Belarc shows it to be.

There is a similar socket further up on the case which is not used, I did not look at where that was connected, but my monitor is definitely plugged into the ATI card.

I am a bit hamstrung here, when I bought this Dell PC I had a lot of trouble very early on and did not accept a repair but a replacement, the handbook I have is for a Dimension 4500 but they replaced it with a 4550 but didn't give me a different manual.

Most of the diagrams seem the same but it doesn't mention the prescence of this other outlet.

Shall I try to see what happens when I put the monitor on there.?

The plug was definitely fully in and screwed up.and the monitor worked as it showed "NO SIGNAL" on the screen before fading out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?