Help with sound

Celine04 11:40 14 Jan 2007

Hello,

I plugged in my two speakers and sound worked just fine. Now the sound has stopped. I unplugged the speakers but the sound is still not working even through theonitor. Looked everywhere but cannot find the problem.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

harps1h 12:56 14 Jan 2007

firstly this would be better placed in the help room.
secondly go to control panel/sound and speech and check your sound settings there.

The 12th Man 00:13 15 Jan 2007

The first thing to do is check the speakers. You can do this by plugging them into the headphone socket on an mp3 player, or walkman, discman, stereo....you get the idea. If they don't work, that's yours problem. If they work fine, great. Plug them back into the computer. Make sure it is the line out (headphone - normally green) socket on your computer. If you have 2 (one at the front and one at the back) test both while you are still playing sound. If there is still no sound, double-check your volume sttings in Control panel AND the program you are using (Windowes Media Player, for example). If there is still no sound, go to Device manager (Right-click My Computer and chose Properties then click on the tab that says Hardware. You will see a button called Device manager. Click it. Look for Sound, Video and Game controllers and click on the + sign next to it. You need to look for you audio driver. Mine is SoundMax intergrated Audio. Yours might be something like Realtek AC97 or smething similar (If you are not sure, post all the entries here and we will tell you whih one it is). Once you have locted it, right-click on it and select Delete. You will be asked if you are sure you want to delete it. Choose Yes (or Ok). Next, restart your computer. Wen your computer restarts, it will automatically reinstall the driver for you. You will have to give it a couple of minutes to do this. Try the sound now. Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone