help with software program please

awilsonj127 19:02 13 May 2007

i purchased a complete downloadable software package to start running my own internet dateing business, but with me begin a newie to computers, i seem to be unable to upload the package to my web server etc (i'm just not sure how to complete all this, what with ftp files, and urls etc) are there any websites out there to do this job for me or can anyone help me, i really want to get this package up and running, thanks in advance everybody

RicScott 22:19 13 May 2007

You would have done better posting this on Webdesign....
You failed to mention whether the site is in asp, php, ihtml, shtml etc..
As long as you have a domain and hosting / server, just upload the whole package to your root folder, (httpdocs or www).
If the site is in php, make sure that your server is php enabled. You may also need to ensure that the site is cgi enabled.
Create an empty database on your server.
Once you have uploaded the site, there should be an install folder.
point the URL to that folder...i.e: click here

This will take you through the installation process. When you get to the database section, enter the name of your db, the username and password specified.

Once all complete, you will have to delete he install folder and possibly set the CHMOD permissions of various folder to 777 to allow users to write to that folder.

For ftp programs try something like SmartFTP or AceFTP...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?