Hi. Very inexperienced with these kinds of things so any help would be great.
I'm running xp on a 2 year old PC and have been surfing just fine for a while. I have recently been upgraded from a 1mb broadband connection with aol to a 3mb connection. Everything was going smoothly until this morning when i installed my new wireless router (a thompson speedtouch 585v6). The installation went just fine but my connection is now only 1.6mb and i have no idea why. I've tried everything i can think of and AOL themselves were basically useless, insisting (correctly) that my line should be 3mb and recommending that i reinstall AOL (a one hour phone call!).
If anyone could get me started here i'd be very grateful.
Tried the updated firmware but i think its corrupted as my .BIN programs are telling me the file format is not supported. Sigh. Annoying. Cant seem to find the Thompson support forum either. Theres a premium rate phone number for thompson but i dont think i'm quite ready for a 10 quid phone call.