Help setting up laptop

BEARBEE 20:25 24 Jul 2007

I've just purchased a laptop which is Wi-Fi.

I need to use it down stairs but my desktop broadband PC (not wi-fi) is upstairs.

What do I need to buy now so that I can use the desktop upstairs and the laptop down stairs, it's some sort of wirelss router isn't it ?

Also can I have both the desktop and the laptop on at the same time using the same internet address, i.e. if I have my original desktop email address as [email protected] can I set the laptop up with the same address ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Ashrich 20:31 24 Jul 2007

If using an ISP through your phone line you will need an ADSL Modem/router , if through cable then just a wireless router without a built in modem , and yes , you can set up the laptop with the same details at the same time , I have right now both my laptop and desktop online at the same time , both accessing the internet seamlessly .

Ashley

cream. 20:31 24 Jul 2007
  woodchip 20:33 24 Jul 2007

Yes but you would been better not to post your e-mail. You need a BroadBand Wireless Router. Mine is a 3Com OfficeConnect but we all have our own choise. What works ok for one may not for some one else click here

woodchip 20:39 24 Jul 2007

PS if you are on a BT line the router is the second one down in blue at the bootom of the page. but you may get it cheaper if you check Google. Setting it UP click here

Mine at the top of this page click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone