Help with scanning

I have a workbook that I need to scan in and manipulate certain pages. What sort of file do I scan these in as and how do I change certain things. The items are like tables with numbers in and I want to have them on computer to print off as I like to put in employees folders.

VideoSentry 19:56 29 Jan 2005

You will need not only a scanner ( which will save the 'image' of the pages )but a software programm that will convert the 'text and lines etc' into data that you can work with.I cannot tell you the name -at the moment as the software that I use ia at work- .i have no doubt that someone else will know, if not I'll let you know on Monday!

VideoSentry 20:00 29 Jan 2005

It is called ACR , which I think stands for Optical Character reader, the programmes usually come with a scanner ( depending on the price you paid for it).
Saves waiting till Monday?

VideoSentry 20:00 29 Jan 2005

I mean OCR!! To much vino

woodchip 20:02 29 Jan 2005

You need someting like Texbridge To OCR the scans as when you scan it just creates a Image file. these have to be changed buy OCR software so you can Edit them

The pages are columns of numbers (size chart). I have managed to scan it to word and it looks quite readable but it has also copied the lines etc.Is there anyway that I can copy just the numbers within this chart i.e copy and paste to another sheet. Then do with it as I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?