help resetting laptop without CD or restore points

henrybob219 15:53 08 Jan 2015

hey guys

i have a dell alienware m14x and need to restore it to sell it, the problem is i have no restore points on my laptop when i go to the repair window, exept for one which was recent by a week and when i tried it i still had all my programmes and info. so i was wondering how i could restore my laptop without this. i tried looking everywhere for an answer but this seems the best place.

Belatucadrus 17:04 08 Jan 2015

You need to use Re-Spawn click here for a tutorial from Dell

henrybob219 21:59 08 Jan 2015

it sends me back to the same screen as before claiming i only have a recent restore point, any other options?

beeuuem 00:27 09 Jan 2015

I'm not sure if you mean you don't have the OS CD or the recovery DVD. If you have the recovery DVD click here tells you how to restore to factory settings. Or click here says 'If my memory serves me correctly, Dell factory restore partitions are accessible throught the MBR.

Press F8 immediately after the BIOS Splash screen (alien face???) but before Windows begins to load. You have only a small window of opportunity to hit F8... so If you start to load to Windows, restart the computer and try again.

This will bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu. You will choose the Repair option. It should take you to a menu where you can perform the factory restore.

Good luck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?