help required with uploading to a Web Host

BaileyPH 14:50 19 Oct 2008

i have designed my web site but just can't manage to get it uploaded to my Web Host (Host4u.com)...I have checked my url and all i get is an index page and no website! It's so frustrating because the web host keep sending me emails and i'm following instructions but it just wont work. Anyone else had problems with uploading or is it just me?

BaileyPH 20:53 20 Oct 2008

The problems are still there, argh!
Thankyou so much for coming back to me, here goes with the answers to your questions.
I am using FTP programme.
Yes i am able to open my webspace with the password and username provided by the host.
Yes i have uploaded my files and i do have the impression that they have been successful.
I have left a full 24 hours since uploading my last set of files but i still keep getting an index page and no website when i check my url.
(I am using dreamweaver if that helps)

BaileyPH 21:38 20 Oct 2008

Hi again, many thanks for getting back to me again. Regarding the Index page, i am getting the directory listing.
As for uploading to the wrong folder, the host sent me a comprehensive email regarding where to send the files (along with a picture)..i have checked and double checked and i am positive that i have done it correctly as specified in the email.
I have uploaded the files again as per their email so all i can do is wait and see.
I shall keep you posted on here and once again many thanks for your posts,much appreciated.

sheila.weston 14:14 23 Oct 2008

What ftp program are you using? I like cute ftp, which is free, and works when my Expression Web upload has a problem.

BaileyPH 16:08 23 Oct 2008

the files i uploaded unfortunately went into the home/root folder and should of gone into the public_html folder....the hosts moved them for me and whallah all working fine..
many thanks for all your help guys..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?