Help requested - Watching Sky on line - Thanks

Ginger3000 10:31 26 Jun 2007

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help - I'd class myself as capable, but no expert with I.T. so hopefully I can follow instructions if anyone can help.

I have tried to watch TV from Sky on my PC and when I tried to download the widget that Sky wanted me to, I got an error message.

Phoned sky technical support and they said it was a problem with my "Performance Counter Library values" which I gather are someting in the registry. My PC is working fine otherwise and I scrupoulosuly use virus scanner, firewall and remove spyware. Sky say this is a problem with XP Home/micosoft and directed me to Microsoft but I have been tearing my hair out trying to find an answer from Microsoft - have tried a couple of I.T. web forums and although it seems others are having the same problem, I hav'nt found a solution. Hope someone can help?

I'm going away for 24 hours this PM so please don't think me rude if you reply and I don't until Thursday.

Thanks

Mike

€dstowe 10:40 26 Jun 2007

Sorry but it isn't a problem with Microsoft. It's a problem with Sky's rubbish software. Millions and millions of people use XP Home and it is incumbent on Sky to get their relatively small usage "widgets" to function correctly with it.

Sky, it seems, are just passing the buck. If other people are having problems, why aren't Sky looking into it?

Ginger3000 10:49 26 Jun 2007

Thanks €dstowe, looks like I'll just have to wait on Sky!

Stuartli 12:09 26 Jun 2007

The widget is described on Sky News as being for Vista.

Ginger3000 12:16 26 Jun 2007

Thanks - fix has now been found - thanks both for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone