Help req.to find lost programmes.

loaders 19:03 12 Oct 2005

Most probably my own fault but I seem to have lost three different programmes.when I try to open tham I get the message "Refers to a location that is unavailable,it could be on a hard drive on this computer or on a different computer on your home network.check your disc is properly inserted.If it still cannot be located the information might have been moved to a different location."
I am not in a network and these programmes have worked ok since I installed them(3or4 years ago)
I have tried all I know (not much)to find them,system restore does not seem to help.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MAJ 19:04 12 Oct 2005

Which programs?

DieSse 19:29 12 Oct 2005

Right-click on the program icons - look in Properties - and check where the system is trying to find them. Then look to see if they're there, or if where the system thinks they are is sensible.

POst a few more details for more help please.

loaders 19:57 13 Oct 2005

The programs are Kodak Picture Software,Kodak memory album.(both these I loaded from a disc supplied when I purchased a Kodak digital camera and dock)worked perfectly ok,but I do not us any more,and the other is Microsoft Works Calender which I was using all the time,especially the reminders which used to come up every time I switched on.I have obviously done something that has moved them,what I do not know.Even when I try to uninstall it gives me the same answer.
Thanks for your interest.

loaders 20:10 13 Oct 2005

Thanks for your response.Have tried the properties route but i must have done something wrong somewhere as the target routes are totally non related to the programmes in question.As I explained to Maj.I am not particularly worried about two of the programmes,but I can't even uninstall them I suppose my best bet is just to delete the icons etc to thr recycle bin albeit the programs will still be somewhere.
Thanks again for your quick reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017