Help to remove epson programme

Tooley88 17:09 19 Feb 2009

Hi, I tried to uninstall Epson CX5200 programme with add/remove but it does not respond I went into regedit and cleared all entries relatin to the smart panel portion of the programme as this was the part giving me problems. I then put in the epson software CD and tried to install smart panel, a notice came up saying it had found an old programme did I want it to be removed, I pressed yes and a panel came up saying it was carrying out required opperations, after some time nothing apered to be happening so I looked at task manager and it showed it was using 100% of CPU, I let it run for a little longer but nothing happened still using 100% so I ended task. I am now at a loss what to do. Does it mean a system restore.

Any help please. regards Tooley.

Graham. 17:22 19 Feb 2009
  Tooley88 21:00 22 Feb 2009

Hi again,
Ref to my previous post, I ran task manager again and the item showing 100% was IKernal.exe, what should I do now.

Tooley

Technotiger 21:22 22 Feb 2009

Have a look through these, see if any bear any relation to your problem.

click here

ronalddonald 00:47 23 Feb 2009

to click here and download recuva and run this prgram it should help get rid of the program.

ronalddonald 00:49 23 Feb 2009

download not recuva but revo uninstaller sorry i got them mixed up. Revo uninstaller should do the trick i also ahve an epsm printer and have had problems with some of the software.

BT 08:00 23 Feb 2009

The Epson folder in Start>programs on my computer has an Epson software uninstall link.

birdface 09:01 23 Feb 2009

[it had found an old program did I want it to be removed]What happens if you say no.Will your new program still download.

Tooley88 23:12 23 Feb 2009

Hi All.

Thanks for all your suggestions, the first one I tried was ronaldonald's, I downloaded Revo uninstaller and it worked first time and allowed me to do a new install of my epson smart panel, so back up and running OK.

Thanks again for all your help, what a great facility is this help forum, long may it last.

Regards, Tooley.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?