Help!!!! Regcure removed but still on laptop!!!

julius44 18:08 06 Aug 2009

Hello there, my friend accidentally installed regcure on her laptop, and we've used revo uninstaller to completely remove it, and it is no longer showing on add/remove programs or in the revo uninstaller programs either BUT when the laptop is on as it is now the red regcure icon is still showing in the bottom right hand corner of the laptop..........we need to get rid of it completely, any solutions please??? There is the option to exit from it..when we right click but when laptop is turned on the regcure icon keeps showing on the bottom of laptop still!!!!

GaT7 19:23 06 Aug 2009

Try deleting the RegCure folder altogether in C:\Program Files.

If no joy with the above (& using XP), you can deselect it from loading my running msconfig:

Start > Run > type msconfig > press OK > Startup tab > Untick the RegCure entry in the list > Press Apply & OK. Then reboot to see if it's made any difference.

Please post if she's using any other OS. G

julius44 19:43 06 Aug 2009

hello crossbow7.....shes using vista home premium 32bit. Ive still gone to msconfig.....theres no trace of regcure in start up undr msconfig....and i cannot seem to get rid of it via deleting it in program files......as it says i need permission to remove it...so i'm wondering what to try next pls???

GaT7 20:00 06 Aug 2009

Try deleting the related folder with Unlocker click here. G

MAT ALAN 20:05 06 Aug 2009

click here

ownership issue, follow thread it may help...

FatboySlim71 20:05 06 Aug 2009

There is a program that will delete files/folders that are in use or similar. I will provide the link to it below. After you have downloaded it and installed it do the following.

Locate the Regcure folder and then right click on it, from the menu that appears choose unlocker. Now from the window that appears for unlocker, choose delete from the little drop down menu/tab.

It will sometimes be necessary for unlocker to delete the file /folder when the computer is restarted. I have used unlocker for a good few years and it never has let me down.

Here's the link to unlocker. When you have clicked on the below link, you will need to click on the download tab on the webpage that opens (its towards the top of the page).

click here

julius44 09:46 07 Aug 2009

Hello folks, thanks loadz for the link link to unlocker, it worked and regcure is completely gone from the program files, many thanks!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?