Help! Problem Opening downloads/ attaching Documents

team780north 20:30 30 Jan 2015

hello i am having problems with my computer. For some reason just over the last 2 days i havent been able to download anything or attach anything. The download or document box does not pop up like it is supposed to. My computer just makes a movement up in the right hand corner by the close browser button. Like you can see its trying to open something but it just doesnt pop up. Same with websites that require you to attach a document such as a resume or microsoft word document.I click "choose file" and nothing comes up. I hit control J when i click to download something and it doesnt even say the download has started on my system it just says no downloads. this is a windows 7 computer and my browser is google chrome. I dont wanna try to uninstall and reinstall because im scared i wont be able to download a browser agian til i get this fixed then will have no access to my browser on this computer

Secret-Squirrel 09:55 31 Jan 2015

Try this diagnostic test for me:

In Chrome, click the options button (top-right, under the Close button) then click on "New Incognito Window". Use that new browser window to see if you get the same problems or not.

Let me know how you get on and hopefully I'll be able to suggest a fix.

team780north 20:00 02 Feb 2015

tried it still having same problems

Secret-Squirrel 09:20 03 Feb 2015

"tried it still having same problems"

That tells me that it's not a third-party extension that's causing it. Reinstalling Chrome should fix it.

" I dont wanna try to uninstall and reinstall because im scared i wont be able to download a browser agian til i get this fixed then will have no access to my browser on this computer"

You still have Internet Explorer installed so you can use that. If you've mislaid its icon then simply click your Start button and start typing internet explorer. After typing just a few characters the program name will appear at the top of the list. Make sure it's working properly before you remove Chrome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone