Help on price of my Laptop

Dowbe 14:17 23 Oct 2013

Hi ive recently decided to sell my laptop to get some money towards a desktop but im unsure on how much its worth.

Alienware M14xR1 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8CPUS), ~2.00GHz 6144MB RAM nVidia Geforce 555M 500GM HDD

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dowbe 14:23 23 Oct 2013

I also payed for a Trulife screen and Killer Internet as well if that helps

500GB*

Ian in Northampton 20:45 23 Oct 2013

From the current listings on eBay, I'd say you should look to get around £600+ for it.

finerty 11:41 24 Oct 2013

what gurantee can you offer if something breaksdown, any money back gurantee. Since its used you need to find out what your competitors are offering can you out do them.Dont foget depreciation

spuds 12:21 24 Oct 2013

You can have all sorts of things on a laptop,or even desktops, which are to your own liking and preference, but that doesn't mean its going to be worth more than you think or would like.

I can pick up computer's at very low prices,within 20/30 miles of my home or less, and that includes complete systems due to people upgrading.

What I would suggest, and what as been suggested previously, is look at eBay, Amazon or even do a simple internet search, and see what the market as to offer. Another suggestion, is to try and provide a hands-on demonstration before sale, because despatching an item like a laptop might have its problems when the purchaser take delivery, and decides its not what they wanted?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?