Help - Power Calibration Area Error

Dinkiz 19:24 28 Apr 2004

Hi All,

Can you help?
I've been happily burning my own DVD's for some time now with Nero 6 and Roxio 7. Now I'm getting an error message of Power Calibration Error and the disc wont write. Sometimes, it will sometimes it wont. I am using the NEC ND-1300A. Any ideas what this could be?

Your help would be well received.
Cheers,
Dinkiz

g0nvs 19:42 28 Apr 2004

Recently had the same problem myself.DVD writer here is a Pioneer 107, bought Ritek (GO4) media with the writer and had no problems at all until I could'nt get any Ritek discs locally and changed to Bulkpaq. This is when I got the Power Calibration Error everytime,so I borrowed a few different discs and now know what works best for me.Have you changed your media ? Interestingly I found that Direct CD (Roxio) would not work properly after I installed Nero 6 so I have now uninstalled Roxio 5, Nero seems a much better program than roxio 5. Hope this may help you.

R4 19:56 28 Apr 2004

This looks like a Media problem. Try using a different brand of DVDR.

g0nvs
It's a known problem that Roxio and Nero burning software will NOT work when both are installed on the same PC you can only install one or the other.

Prior to Nero 6 you could use a load menu to select which burner software you wished to use and the menu would disable the other's drivers, but this is not possible with Nero 6 and Roxio 5

Dinkiz 20:07 28 Apr 2004

Thanks for such a quick response guys.
I've just started recording using some different media. Trouble is its blank and haven't got a clue what the Brand is. Anyway, its seems to be workinh ok at the moment. The ones I was using, and getting the errors with were DataWrite Yellow Classic. Can you recommend any good sites for buying blank media?

Alos, I uninstalled Nero 6. Thanks for the advice.

Dinkiz

g0nvs 21:12 28 Apr 2004

Thought I'd got away with it, I had heard of the problems with Roxio & Nero conflicting with each other and was happy with Roxio but after trying Nero I find Nero the better program for me.Many Thanks.

g0nvs 21:14 28 Apr 2004

Try this. click here

Dinkiz 09:10 29 Apr 2004

Many thanks, again guys.

All the best,
Dinkiz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?